Thursday, October 1, 2009

Titles

Why are titles so important to us? Administrative assistant, vice president, chairman, girlfriend, bestfriend, leader, minister. Why are all the names so important to us? I think it is because these titles are not given, they are earned. You are not born a vice president, you are not born a friend, you earn these titles by other people and they give us a feeling of worth. I have struggled for soooo long with my personal "title". I am continuously hurt when I feel like I am not given the "title" I deserve. Well I have had it up to my 5'3 head with that!!! People feel like we are nothing if we do not have the perfect title. Well what about those titles that we earn but we get no acclaim for?? How about Daughter, wife, mother, caregiver, Christian, Niece, prayer warrior. These are my titles some are facts, some I have bestowed upon myself. But these are the titles I will be using from now on, when I get that lovely question so what is your title. HA!!!! God does not want us to get wrapped up in these!! He wants us to take the titles he has given us, daughter, forgiven, redeemed, and most of all saved. He did not give his life for us so we can try to be more powerful than the next person. He does not want us to get wrapped up in what others think or say. He died so that we could bask in his grace and mercy, and that we can be the titles that he died for. because his greatest title is "SAVIOR"

1 comment:

  1. Amen to that!! Now if we can all just remember that in our day to day lives...

    ReplyDelete